UBIFS failed to recover master node

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 10:17:28 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 09:44 -0400, twebb wrote:
> I've attached a log file that captures the problem I'm seeing.

twebb, you did not enable debugging messages. But it looks like they are
not actually needed.

>   The
> log includes failures on 2 of 4 UBIFS volumes that are part of a
> single MTD device (and shows the other 2 volumes being
> mounted/umounted without error).
>
> It appears from the log that the problem is associated with "corrupt
> empty space" which can be seen in the log at lines 28, 313, 347, and
> 359.  Could this be HW ECC failing to correct bit errors on reads?
> Any suggestions on what this problem would be helpful.

Yes, HW fails to correct bit errors. Why these errors are there - this
it the question. May be MLC-related. You need to debug this. Or send me
your board, I can try to take a look

Did you enable UBI extra self checks?

Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)