ubi question

Matthieu CASTET matthieu.castet at parrot.com
Wed Jun 2 05:22:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have some question about ubi implementation.
I have read most of the "drivers/mtd/ubi/ubi-media.h" documentation.

The doc is not very clear about the case when data_size is set for
dynamic volume. From my understanding it is set in case copy_flag is set
and the value is the logical eraseblock size.

When a block with copy_flag set, when we append data (and make the crc
invalid), do we make sure that all previous version of this logical
eraseblock are removed from flash ?

Why layout volume isn't a static volume with one eraseblock and update
done with atomic leb update (copy flag) ?
This would have :
- make the crc ckeck done by generic code (static volume one)
- make the handling of update by generic code
- avoid to having to handle dynamic volume in minimalist implementation
(bootloader)
Do I miss something ?

Matthieu