How stable is jffs2 summarize option?

Thorsten Mühlfelder muehlfelder at enertex.de
Tue Jun 1 06:13:50 EDT 2010

Am Tuesday 01 June 2010 11:47:27 schrieb Vitaly Wool:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> 2010/6/1 Thorsten Mühlfelder <muehlfelder at enertex.de>:
> > and what do you think about switching to yaffs2? I know it is developed
> > elsewhere, but it seems to be a good alternative to jffs2+summary and
> > probably switching is easier than to ubifs.
>
> Can you please share your reasons why you're considering switching first?
> :)

Hi Vitaly,
1. We've used JFFS2 without summary until now, but now I have to reduce the
boot time to the minimum possible. So first idea was the summary option,
because other than slow mount times JFFS2 has worked OK. But if I do a major
change now, why not switch to a more modern FS which will fasten boot up even
more? ;-)

Additional requirements:
Sometimes it's written to the root FS and the device must be aware of power
failures during write. I guess all the mentioned FS can handle this quite
well.

Greetings
Thorsten