New NAND Help

Sean Preston seanp at pfk.co.za
Fri Jul 9 03:04:43 EDT 2010

Hi

First, thanks for the info so far.

> > <snip>
> > That is correct.  Micron used to support both the ID byte and the
> > parameter page in their ONFO 1.0 compliant parts, but seems to have
> > dropped support in their newer ONFI 2.1 compliant parts.  I found out
> > the hard way when switching from an mlc part to an slc part.
>
> So did i
> IIRC there were some discussions on the list to add support for these
devices
> and reading the relevant info from the param page.
>
> The issue with the DM365 is that the RBL is not geared up for these
devices.

I am using silicon version 1.2 of the DM365 and the RBL thankfully does seem
to work with this device.  I have been able to successfully flash it with
the stock UBL in the TI DVSDK 3.10.00_12 & 16 and also get the uBoot written
to it and working correctly with only minor changes.

I will try the hard coding route and see if I can get the device working in
the kernel on the TI DM365 EVM board and will then feedback.

Regards
Sean

--
Sean Preston