To remove UBI Control Device . . .

Lee Amirev lee.amirev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:15:18 EST 2010

My system does not need to dynamically attach or detach MTD devices to
UBI.  We can just attach all that we need through boot or module
parameters.  Therefore, we don't need the UBI control device
(/dev/ubi_ctrl).   In order to prevent the device from existing, I
could simply comment out the misc_register and misc_deregister calls
in ubi_init or ubi_exit in /drivers/mtd/ubi/build.c.  Is this
sufficient?  Are there any unintended consequences in removing the
control device?