Is it an atomic operation for writing a page in NAND flash

Liu Hui onlyflyer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 04:58:06 EST 2010

Hi guys,

This is a question confused me for a long time. As I know, writing a
sector for a hard disk is atomic. That is to say, when we are writing
a sector to hard disk and power failure happen, the sector will be
written completely or not at all.

For NAND flash, I didn't see the atomic guarantee in any material.
Could you please tell me if writing a page for NAND flash is atomic?
This is very important for a transaction based file system.

--
Thanks & Best Regards
Liu Hui