New mtd-utils release?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Tue Jan 5 03:37:46 EST 2010

 >> Could you upload a tarball into ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/mtd-utils/?
 >> It would make the life of the distribution people easier.

 Artem> No sorry, I do not have access there, and I also think distributions can
 Artem> easily fetch from git trees, which is not a problem at all.

Who does, David?

I DO think normal tarballs is a lot nicer than a tag somewhere in
$VCS. For meta distributions like ptxdist, OE or buildroot tarballs are
easier to use and mirror, and if nothing else it stops people from
missing the new release when they browse
ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/mtd-utils/.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard