Faster flash_eraseall for NOR flash

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe at zylin.com
Tue Dec 14 10:46:01 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:33, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>>> the only thing it changes in your original patch is to remove the type
>>> checking ?
>>
>> No. There is a different code path for writing the cleanmarkers.
>
> OK, i missed that.  just change the code to issue a warning when
> someone tries to use this option on a NAND device.  something like
> "--skip-erased: sorry, no support (yet) for NAND devices".
>
> in looking at the original patch, i noticed something else ... dont
> mix variable decls and code.  i dont think mtd-utils has moved on to
> newer C standards/styles yet and support that.  for example, the
> "ssize_t i" decl after a bunch of if statements.

I'll see about getting this done. Don't know when though, if
someone beats me to the punch here, no loss :-)

--
Øyvind Harboe

Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?

US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00

http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
ARM7 ARM9 ARM11 XScale Cortex
JTAG debugger and flash programmer