UBIFS partition on NOR flash not mountable after power cut test

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Thu Dec 2 09:18:37 EST 2010

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:57:56 +0200
Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 14:50 +0100, Anatolij Gustschin wrote:
> > > Can you instead make mtd->writesize to be 64? This is much closer to the
> > > "right thing to do" :-)
> >
> > Yes. But I also must ensure that the buffer size configured in
> > cfi->cfiq->MaxBufWriteSize is actually used by the driver. This
> > is not the case, it seems. If this is true, then I'll still run
> > into the similar trouble even when using 64 for max_io_size in UBI.
>
> Err, no, I think if the UBI/UBIFS min_io_size is greater than the real
> write size, it should be fine for UBI/UBIFS. UBIFS should not get upset
> if min_io_size is 64, but real write size is 8 or 16 or 32, or even 1
> byte, I think.

Yes, this is my understanding, too. But I'll try to explain what I
meant in the previous email:
When I drop the 8 byte buffer hack in the CFI and set mtd->writesize
to 64, but the CFI driver is really using a multiple of the value
configured in cfi->cfiq->MaxBufWriteSize, then I'll run into the
similar trouble since the driver will probably use a n * 64 buffer,
where n > 1.

But I understand what you meant: I should just set mtd->writesize to
64 and continue to test with my hack for 8 Byte in the CFI driver.

Thanks,
Anatolij