Bug in omap mtd nand driver

Arno Steffen arno.steffen at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 26 04:55:17 EDT 2010

The setting NAND_NO_SUBPAGE_WRITE in omap_nand_platform_data is not used.
I am using SLC NAND - MT29F1G16ABC , which seems not to support subpages.
I can observe that kernel allows sub-page-writes.
I tried to find out what is happend with the options, but after a
while I get lost in numerous copies of structs ...

Options are still correct in beginning of omap_nand_probe but finally
it ends up in setting its option independent from platform options.
	info->nand.options  |= NAND_SKIP_BBTSCAN;
	if ((gpmc_cs_read_reg(info->gpmc_cs, GPMC_CS_CONFIG1) & 0x3000)
								== 0x1000)
		info->nand.options  |= NAND_BUSWIDTH_16;

This observations are done in a plain vanilla 2.6.33 kernel on an OMAP3 board.

Can someone confirm that and know how to change that in a clean way?