[v2] Add i.MX51 support to mxc_nand

John Ogness john.ogness at linutronix.de
Tue Aug 10 07:31:18 EDT 2010

Hi Sascha,

On 2010-08-09, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> wrote:
> In this series I swapped the "fix correct_data function" with the
> "support 8bit ecc" patch as suggested by Baruch. Also, I integrated
> the patches sent by John Ogness. John, I hope I addressed all your
> patches, it would be good if you could test them on 16bit flash as you
> seem to be the only one having a board with such a flash.

Not quite. The patch to use interrupt masking instead of interrupt
disabling is not included. Also the patch to set some register fields is
not included. I have ported these patches to your latest patchset. There
will be 3 in all. I will post them shortly.

I tested your patchset "as is" and it works for the i.MX35 with a 16-bit
flash chip. I also tested ECC error detection and it is ok.

With an RT-kernel the driver has some interrupt issues, which are
resolved by the patch to mask instead of disabling interrupts (which I
will be posting shortly).

John Ogness