UBIFS Error

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 01:37:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 11:18 +0530, JerinJacob wrote:
> Do you still have UBIFS errors? Any new interesting findings? Did you
> manage to somehow reproduce this on nandsim?
>
>  >Still the UBIFS crashing problem persist.
>  >Not able to reproduce with nandsim.
>  >Is there anything I can help you to accelerate this bug fix ? Please
> let me know ?
>  >Even I could reproduce the problem 16MiB of nand partition(Earlier, I
> Was testing with 500MiB partition)
>  >If possible,Could you please run the testapp on any target board(if
> you have any).

First of all, it would be cool if you fixed your e-mail client. I
haven't ever seen before anything like this - you put _your_ answer to
the ">" quotations, not mine. Here are some guidelines:

http://www.infradead.org/~dwmw2/email.html

Try enabling UBI extra self-checks as it is suggested here:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubi.html#L_how_debug

Similarly, try to enable UBIFS extra self-checks. Also, keep UBI/UBIFS
debugging enabled. With the debugging and self-checks you may catch
something.

Also, try to avoid doing 'ubiformat /dev/mtd6 -y', just to make sure it
is not ubiformat which screws something. Just do
'flash_eraseall /dev/mtd6'.

Also, when you send a bug report, include _all_ UBI/UBIFS output, not
only what you see on the console. E.g., use dmesg. Read more about this

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)