scantest : READOOB Issue

Adish Kuvelker adkuvi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 08:23:02 EST 2009

Hello,

I have developed a NAND driver for an ARM9-based processor with
Samsung K9F2G08U0M NAND Flash. Since the Flash chip doesn't support
the  NAND_CMD_READOOB command I had skipped the development for this.
We are now subjecting this driver to MTD tests. But while doing the
MTD scantest I found that the test requires reading the OOB section
through the NAND_CMD_READOOB command.

Do I have to develop the support for this command in my code in order
to have a MTD compliant driver? Will the absence of support for this
result in the driver being non-compliant?

Regards;
Aadish