UBIFS ubimkvol issue and some others...

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Fri May 29 11:53:16 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 20:26 +0300, Stanislav Popov wrote:
> > How? It is not trivial. Did you use my old 2.6.21 backport tree?
> >
> Yes, I ported it with the backport patch.

What you mean by "the backport patch"? Please, start from my old
back-port which you can find here:

http://git.infradead.org/users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.21.git

Make sure it works. Then you will have to back port important fixes
which are not there.

> > Not sure. Probably related to your back-port. You'll have
> > to debug this yourself.
> >
> Do you have any ideas how can I start debuging it ?

Well, inserting printk's to where it oopses, and investigate
why. Sorry, I'm not very interested to fix problem very old
kernels like 2.6.21. You are on your own here. But I suggest
you to start from taking UBIFS stuff from
git://git.infradead.org/users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.21.git

Vs the ubiformat failure - I'll investigate this. I think
I screwed up ubiformat in this commit:

http://git.infradead.org/mtd-utils.git?a=commit;h=32252f2b902d88f2991d260f2982b10b2016c33b

so you may try to git-reset to an earlier one so far. But
I'll investigate the issue later.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)