synchronizing accesses with nand_base

Ben Gamsa ben at somanetworks.com
Thu May 28 15:44:57 EDT 2009

I've inherited some code that implements the chip interface for our
board, and also implements *user_prot* interfaces for OTP access.  We
ran into some problems that seem to be due to the fact that the OTP
accesses can collide with regular filesystem accesses.  I noticed that
the nand_base.c code uses a nand_get_device/nand_release_device for
synchronization, but those routines appear to be private to that file.
What is the proper way to add device-specific routines for OTP access
while following proper synchronization procedures.

Thanks for any help.

	ben

Ben Gamsa       ben at somanetworks.com
SOMA Networks   312 Adelaide St. W. Suite 600 Toronto, Ontario, M5V1R2