Q: MTD RAM in OF Device Tree

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Tue May 19 08:27:14 EDT 2009

Hello Albrecht,

(adding linux-mtd)

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 01:59:00PM +0200, Albrecht Dreß wrote:

> is there a standard way to define a ram chip (in my case a battery-buffered
> nv ram, attached to the 5200's Local Bus) in the OF tree, and are there any
> drivers (on 2.6.29.1) which pick up the chip/partition specification for mtd?
> Does such a driver exist, or do I have to write one (probably based on
> plat-ram.c?)?  I think of something like

I wrote such a driver (yet without partitioning support) and I am trying to get
it mainline, just didn't get any comments so far:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/23557/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/23556/

I'd be happy if you could give it a try and donate some
{Acked|Tested|Reviewed}-by tags. Maybe this will help for my next try to get
it mainline.

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |