Load UBI faster

Corentin Chary corentin.chary at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:10:30 EDT 2009

2009/5/13 simon polette <spolette at gmail.com>:
> My NAND is 256MB but I use only a 130MB partition for UBI/UBIFS.
> So I implemented the on-flash BBT, that made me save 120ms which is a
> sizeable improvement.
> On the other hand, skipping crc calculation for header doesn't seem to
> save much time (perhaps ~10ms so it's difficult to measure the
> difference).

You can try playing with bootchart http://www.bootchart.org/ to be
sure that there is nothing else to change
during the boot process.
You can also try to get separate results to see what's taking time
(mtd, ubi, ubifs). CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER and CONFIG_BOOT_TRACER may
help you with  that.
I'll do some test on the same hardware soon, maybe I'll be able to
help you more.

--
Corentin Chary
http://xf.iksaif.net - http://uffs.org