physmap and pointless shutdown() function ?

Mike Frysinger vapier.adi at gmail.com
Wed May 6 22:41:53 EDT 2009

waaaay back when power management support was added to the physmap.c
driver, it added the standard suspend/resume functions.  no problem
there.  but it also added a shutdown function which causes the flash
to suspend/resume when rebooting:
static void physmap_flash_shutdown(struct platform_device *dev)
{
    struct physmap_flash_info *info = platform_get_drvdata(dev);
    int i;
    for (i = 0; i < MAX_RESOURCES && info->mtd[i]; i++)
        if (info->mtd[i]->suspend && info->mtd[i]->resume)
            if (info->mtd[i]->suspend(info->mtd[i]) == 0)
                info->mtd[i]->resume(info->mtd[i]);
}

i cant see any point in doing this.  it isnt like the flash has
buffers that need flushing, and if they did, using suspend/resume as a
hack for flushing sounds pretty broken to me.

seems to me the function should just be dropped completely.
-mike