mtdutils and libubiio

Corentin Chary corentin.chary at gmail.com
Wed May 6 08:22:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind at infradead.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 11:49 +0200, Corentin Chary wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Some time ago we made libubiio available at :
>> http://git.iksaif.net/?p=libubiio.git;a=summary
>> I wanted to know how it can be used in mtd-utils, so we can start
>> making patch for inclusion into mtd-utils.
>> The first thing I see is mkfs.ubifs, using libubiio we will be able to
>> run mkfs on an ubi volume. I believe it's
>> simpler than creating a image, and using other tools to write it to the volume.
>> Where can libubiio be used ?
>
> Sure, go ahead.
>
>> Another question, do you use static Makefiles for a reason ? Maybe we
>> could move to CMake ?
>
> I do not know CMake, buy I thought Makefiles work just fine.

Hi,
You'll find here some experiments:
http://git.iksaif.net/?p=users/iksaif/mtd-utils.git;a=summary

Before working on mkfs.ubifs I wanted to cleanup the mtd-utils dir, so
I tried some change,
including the use of CMake. As a lot of people here don't want to hear
about CMake, if the patchs
for mkfs are good enought, I'll rebase them on a vanilla version of mtd-utils.

What you'll find here:
- CMake "experiment" with dependencies check on zlib and libacl
- libubiio, provinding the same API the kernel does
- mkfs.ubifs using libubiio, can write the image directly on an ubi volume

libubiio need a very recent kernel with the new UBI ioctl()

It's not a finished work, it's more a request for comments ;).
thanks
--
Corentin Chary
http://xf.iksaif.net