mtdutils and libubiio

Corentin Chary corentin.chary at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:47:54 EDT 2009

> search the archives ... some one already posted a method for libifying
> the UBI code that exists in mtd-utils.  fixing up the minor remaining
> issues with that patch seems saner than trying to merge a completely
> unrelated code base.
libubiio use code from mtd-utils and UBI, so it's not realy a
"completely unrelated code base".

>We use them because they are simple.  There has been nothing to-date that
> has really required anything else.  I have no experience with CMake, but
> I'd rather avoid adding dependencies on it.
Makefile are simple, but so is CMake. Adding a new shared library is
as simple as that :

add_library(ubiio SHARED libubiio.c)
set_target_properties (ubiio PROPERTIES VERSION 0.1 SOVERSION 0)

But I understand is a big dependence to add.

> I do not know CMake, buy I thought Makefiles work just fine.
Ok, I just wanted to know.

>> I believe it's
>> simpler than creating a image, and using other tools to write it to the volume.
>> Where can libubiio be used ?
> Sure, go ahead.
I'll see what can I do with that.

--