Micron NAND MT29F8G08AAAWP new structure support ?

Francesco Lodi - Tecna Srl francesco.lodi at tecnasrl.com
Thu Mar 19 09:37:31 EDT 2009

Dear Gregory,
I am happy that I am not the only one with this problem! :D
By now, I have not yet resolved the problem because I gave the
precedence at other things but I will came back to this issue the next week.
If you want we can keep in touch to co-operate on this.
Also I would like to try to use YAFFS2 on this device, because I think
that JFFS2 would take a very long time to mount a 4 Gb device.

In the meanwhile... I have found that the u-boot team have a patch for
their version of MTD that would support 128k OOB but right now I was not
able to merge it with the linux MTD. You can give it a try, if you think
it is helpfull.

By the way, any help or suggestion by the MTD guru would be very
appreciated! ;)

Thanks and best regards,
Francesco