[patch 4/9] jffs2: force the jffs2 GC daemon to behave a bitbetter

Reuben Dowle Reuben.Dowle at navico.com
Mon Mar 16 21:23:24 EDT 2009

I have also noticed the performance degredation caused by the jffs2
garbage collection. The solution we used to this problem on our product
was to do 'pkill -STOP jffs2_gcd' very early in the boot process, then
right at the end of my boot script put 'sleep 90 && pkill -CONT
jffs2_gcd &'

This sped the boot time up a lot.

Reuben