infineon danube/twinpass mtd support

john at phrozen.org john at phrozen.org
Sat Mar 7 07:30:31 EST 2009

Hi all,

we rewrote the infineon danube/twinpass support a while back and
bumped the original vendor code to 2.6. we are currently looking into
some left over details, before sending the patches upstream.

1 open issue is the mtd map. the danube has a EBU (External Bus Unit)
which connects pci and mtd to the mips core. for PCI to work, the EBU
needs to endiness swap in-/ex-gress DMA data. however, due to a design
issue(?!) the EBU only swaps MTD one way. hence we needed to add some
complex mappings.

there is 1 really ugly hack, we needed to add to make it work. the
patch can be found here ->
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/ifxmips/patches-2.6.28/160-cfi-swap.patch

and the map driver here -->
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/ifxmips/files/drivers/mtd/maps/ifxmips.c

i would appreciate to get some input, whether this is the correct
solution. i think the mtd subsystem is missing a generic way to handle
this kind of situation. but correct me if i am worng please.

thanks,
John

--
John Crispin
hacking, coding, etc

            |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
   KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge) -----------------------
    * 10 oz Vodka       Shake well with ice and strain
    * 10 oz Triple sec  mixture into 10 shot glasses.
    * 10 oz lime juice  Salute!