libubiio : userspace UBI input output library

Sidney Amani seed95 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 05:40:32 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind at infradead.org> wrote:
> Well, I personally do not see any reason not to merge this. I just
> suggest to work with mtd-utils from the very beginning. I know it looks
> very messy and crappy. But you may make it better while working with it.
> And that would be a great contribution as well. And this would be more
> collaborative, I think.

Hi Artem,

Actually yes we shouldn't work on our own side, but as we didn't feel
like sending patches and patches..
It's may be possible to work on a specific branch?
Anyway next time we will try to do it more collaborative.

> So far, it looks like ubi-utils/new-utils would be a better place for
> this, isn't it?

I think so.
Our lib has some redundant functionalities with libubi (e.g
ubi_get_device_info), so we may want to take some functions off.

Yes, mtd-utils is very messy, when will the new utils replace old one?
We are probably not in the best position to do it.

> But it would also be nice to send the source code to the
> ML. It will unlikely get much review, but still.

Ok, we will do it.

--
Sidney Amani
http://uffs.org