libubiio : userspace UBI input output library

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Tue Mar 3 02:59:45 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 08:48 +0100, Corentin Chary wrote:
> Hi,
> We first made that lib for us. And as it can be considered as "usable" (wich is
> not the case for the rest of the project) we posted it there.
> If you think it can be merged in mtd-utils, we'll take some time for
> the coding style
> and cleanups... I wanted to do that before, but didn't had a lot of
> time to do so.
> Which part of mtd-utils could use this lib ? maybe mkfs.ubifs ?

Well, I personally do not see any reason not to merge this. I just
suggest to work with mtd-utils from the very beginning. I know it looks
very messy and crappy. But you may make it better while working with it.
And that would be a great contribution as well. And this would be more
collaborative, I think.

So far, it looks like ubi-utils/new-utils would be a better place for
this, isn't it? But it would also be nice to send the source code to the
ML. It will unlikely get much review, but still.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)