Problem in erasing a nand flash with ubiformat

Canella Matteo Matteo.Canella at mta.it
Wed Jun 10 04:27:09 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I have a question for Artem,
I'm running a problem with ubiformat and I saw this email from you:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2009-January/024285.htm

I'm having the same problem, ubiformat fails to format a nand flash because it is not able to erase a block.
flash_eraseall just ignore this erase problem.

Do you think ubiformat should physically mark this block as bad eraseblock? Or should it just ignore it?

Why currently ubiformat or flash_eraseall does not mark these as bad blocks?

I'm going to implement this feature in your ubiformat app and I'd like to know if you have already done some work on it...
Thanks

  Matteo  Canella
  ELECTRONIC DIVISION  -
   PROJECT ENGINEER

  MTA SpA
  Via Romagnoli 24
  41033 Concordia Sulla Secchia (MO) - Italy
  T. +39 0535 57732
  F. +39 0535 54550
  email: matteo.canella at mta.it