kernel crashing with jffs2 (32MB NAND Flash and 32MB SDRAM )

venki kaps venkiece2005 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 07:47:34 EDT 2009

Thanks for the reply.
It's a new hardware i.e, ATMEL AT91SAM9G20 Board
and at the same first time we are using.

Did *this* board ever work correctly?
No.

But At mem=8M and mem=16M the Linux is coming up
but after the kernel prompt it is crashing in between.

At mem=32M the Linux is not coming up over board.
Before kernel prompt it’s crashing.

If SDRAM is problem, Linux itself is not coming up over board.
am i right?

is it u-boot problem?
i.e  number of column & row address bits and the number of banks is
set correctly to match the installed SDRAM

is it required to change u-boot or SDRAM or 2.6.27 kernel?

Could you suggest something?

Thanks & Regards,
Venkappa