Regarding UBI scalability

BRIJESH SINGH brij.singh at samsung.com
Fri Jan 30 07:45:35 EST 2009

Hi,
    I have gone through UBI documentation which clearly mentions that UBI doesn't scale very well.(Boot time and Memory consumption increases with size of device.)This is very similar to JFFS2 scalability issues. Log, journal(like UBIFS LPT)  combination might surely help on this issue.

  I would like to work on this enhancement with the community. Before that I just wanted to check if any one is already working on it.
  As this a well known issue, I am sure somebody will have some design suggestions. Any design suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brijesh