JFFS2 losing files on mount

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Wed Jan 21 10:05:49 EST 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Marco Braga wrote:

> I am doing some power failure tests on an ARM7 based device using
> JFFS2 on NAND flash and I am a bit disappointed by the early results.
> I'd like to hear your experiences. What do you think?

We use JFFS2 on both an ARM9-platform and on our own CRIS platform. We
never unmount the device in preparation for power down; when someone pulls
the plug, the system just dies. While we do occasionally see warning
messages about incomplete nodes during the next boot-up, we have never
experienced anything as severe as you mention, and we have not lost any
files on the JFFS2 filesystem either.

/Ricard