about the _dtype_ parameter

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Jan 14 07:48:39 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 01:02 +0800, xiaochuanxv wrote:
> Sorry, a mistake in writing:
>
> (Suppose wr-ratio represent the ratio of erasures due to wear-leveling
> to erasure total physical erase-block erasures. )
> I found that when most of the @dtype is equal to UBI_SHORTTERM, the
> wr-ratio is approximately equal to 0.1%, whereas is greater than
>
> 0.4%
>
> when @dtype is always UBI_UNKNOWN. It seem that the data type call-back
> policy does NOT make any sense in the current implementation.

Hmm, interesting observation. I would suggest you to add statistics
support to UBI. Introduce a counter for the amount of times UBI moves
PEB data, and expose it via sysfs. You may probably add other counters
like number of erasures and so on.

Then it will be easier to do testing and investigations.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)