Hot unplugging a device in the middle of a read

Adrian McMenamin lkmladrian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 16:18:36 EST 2009

2009/1/12 Adrian McMenamin <lkmladrian at gmail.com>:
> I am working on a map driver for the virtual memory unit (VMU) flash

> [  184.277538] Removing MTD device #0 (vmu1.1.0) with use count 1

Having looked through the sources I can see that this is indicating
there is an additional user in play - because when I pull the VMU out
when not in the middle of the initial reads I don't get this message
(as use count is obviously 0) even though the code path is the same.

Can I just put in an extra 'put'? Or is there some other way of doing this?