pxa3xx: NAND chip initial reset

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Wed Feb 18 15:35:03 EST 2009

Hi,

On my PXA300 based system, I'm facing a problem with a recent Micron
NAND chip which needs to get a reset command to make it wake up
initially. The pxa3xx_nand.c does not seem to do this.

I've seen a post[1] from October 2008 which addresses exactly this
issue, but the mentioned commit (in the follow-up) does not fix it for
me. I did some print tracing and the generic code path is not entered
because the platform driver's probe routine returns with an error.
Before I dig into all the mtd code, I'd like to ask whether anyone can
come up with a simple idea of how to do this.

Thanks,
Daniel

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2008-October/023419.html