Regarding UBI scalability

Adrian Hunter ext-adrian.hunter at nokia.com
Mon Feb 2 06:07:34 EST 2009

Amit Kumar Sharma wrote:
> Hi

I would suggest an intermediate step.  Create UBI2 which is
similar to UBI but stores eraseblock information in one place,
instead of at the beginning of each eraseblock.  Such an approach
might be OK up to as much as 64GiB, and would probably perform
better than a fully scalable version.

Then look at creating UBI3, which is fully scalable.