UBI - exclude bootloader blocks from wear levelling

Darwin Rambo drambo at broadcom.com
Mon Dec 21 16:30:20 EST 2009

Wear levelling is done across a "ubi device" (not the whole nand device) which is associated with a mtd partition. Your bootloader and kernel mtd partitions will not be wear levelled, only your ubi file system partitions. i.e. ubi doesn't know about non-ubi mtd partitions.

I think that's the gist of it.

Darwin