Trying to reduce booting time with JFFS2 summary.

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Mon Dec 21 11:33:14 EST 2009

> Hi ALL,
>         I'm trying to reduce linux booting time, using JFFS2 block summary
> option, but unfortunately unable to do so. Below is description of my
> setup and test procedure. Please comment / suggest.
>
> SETUP:
>         Processor       :       MPC8313e
>         OS              :       linux-2.6.20  (Freescale-LTIB

You probably got too old kernel, I submitted an optimisation some time ago
that optimised scanning of empty blocks. Before that optimisation it was
slower to mount an nearly empty FS than it was to mount a almost full FS.

Summary didn't help me either and summary might slow your
mount down as it cannot make nodes obsolete on flash.

    Jocke