Few problems in mtd system

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Mon Dec 21 09:00:03 EST 2009

On Sun, 20 December 2009 22:59:55 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:

> I suspect that older non type M cards didn't have such emulation, but
> were real nand chips, bacause there are some references on the web about
> using XD card as a nand chip replacement.
> Such card as I have will really will make very poor nand replacement...

If you want to know whether the cards or the readers are to blame, you
can try to buy an old alauda reader on ebay.  It is too slow to be
useful for most purposes, but I believe it did give me full access with
my cards.

> Folks, could you review my other questions about bugs in mtd core, and
> tell your opinion?

I didn't quite understand the 32bit DMA question and am next to clueless
wrt. hotplug.  Sorry.

Jörn

--
Joern's library part 6: