UBIFS on Atmel Dataflash

Andre Puschmann andre.puschmann at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Wed Dec 9 03:30:22 EST 2009

Hi guys,

this is my very first try to get UBIFS working. My target is an Atmel
AT91RM9200 cpu which has a 8MB Atmel Dataflash AT45DB642x. Pagesize is
1056 Bytes.

I cross-compiled the ubi tools and my first try to attach was not
successful:

$ ./ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 6
UBI: attaching mtd6 to ubi0
UBI error: io_init: min. I/O unit (1056) is not power of 2

My question is if it's possible (in general) to get a working version of
UBIFS on this kind of flash (with no power of two pagesize)? Anybody
ever tried this?

I also tried ubiformat which raises a segfault:

$ ./ubiformat /dev/mtd6
ubiformat: warning!: your MTD system is old and it is impossible to
detect sub-page size. Use -s to get rid of this warning
ubiformat: assume sub-page to be 1056
ubiformat: mtd6 (dataflash), size 4815360 bytes (4.6 MiB), 4560
eraseblocks of 1056 bytes (1.0 KiB), min. I/O size 1056 bytes
libscan: scanning eraseblock 4559 -- 100 % complete
ubiformat: 4554 eraseblocks are supposedly empty
ubiformat: warning!: 6 of 4560 eraseblocks contain non-ubifs data
ubiformat: continue? (yes/no)  yes
ubiformat: warning!: only 0 of 4560 eraseblocks have valid erase counter
ubiformat: erase counter 0 will be used for all eraseblocks
ubiformat: note, arbitrary erase counter value may be specified using -e
option
ubiformat: continue? (yes/no)  yes
ubiformat: use erase counter 0 for all eraseblocks
ubiformat: formatting eraseblock 4559 -- 100 % complete
Segmentation fault

Any comments on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Andre