What filesystem for NAND flash with OOB 218

Jeff Angielski jeff at theptrgroup.com
Sun Dec 6 21:27:57 EST 2009

I was wondering what type of filesystem everybody is using for the newer
  NAND flash with OOB>=128 bytes.  For me, this is the Micron
MT29F8G08AAA which has an OOB=218.

It seems that the JFFS2 tools are out of date and don't work with
anything less than or equal to 64bytes of OOB.

YAFFS2 does not compile in the latest kernel source trees (2.6.31 in the
DENX linux-2.6-denx git tree).  Is this filesystem dead?

As far as I can tell, that only leaves UBIFS.  Is UBIFS ready to
deployed in the field?

Is there any other choice for these parts?

--
Jeff Angielski
The PTR Group