get mtd name and manufacturer from high level app

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 03:50:04 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 15:30 +0100, Salvatore Frizzoli - IMS Italy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on an application under a uClinux kernel.
> This application would read name, manufacturer and id of the mtd flash
> device.
> I have seen that it is not possible to do this by ioctl, so I don't know
> how to do.

Take a look at the mtdinfo utility in mtd-utils/ubi-utils. It reads most
of the data from sysfs.

Manufecturer ID is not available though, and you need to teach the
kernel to export it.

Look inside of mtdinfo to find out how it does things. You can also
extend it and send patches.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)