ming had bored

Teddy Rossin parenteral at secortaktik.ca
Fri Aug 21 21:56:14 EDT 2009

Ved from the blue room to the chamber which was full of spring colors,
of childhood's playthings, of mother-of-pearl rainbow gleams. One more
mountain of gold and of intellect set up as a bulwark of defence near
the bed of the sick girl. When the cloud of black garments and serious
faces had vanished, the mother drew near: "These gentlemen have wearied
you. That is nothing. Because they have come you will be well. Those are
very wise men. The two who have just come are Germans; throughout the
whole world they are famous. They will cure you to a certainty. But now
you may swallow a little of those excellent sweets which those gentlemen
let us give you. Or a drop of wine. Perhaps a spoonful, one little
spoonful of bouillon?" Cara's only answer was to turn on her yellowish
bed to the wall sprinkled with spring flowers, her face in scarlet
flushes. Malvina, bending low, kissed the little hand, the heat of which
burnt her lips, and which trembled under those lips, like a leaf in a
blast of wind. "Why not answer me, Cara? One word! only one short,
little word! Shall I give a drop of wine? Those gentlemen ordered
it--will you have it now? Whisper!" But in vain did she put her ear
almost down to Cara's lips, not a sound, not a whisper, she only turned
her face away farther, while her breath grew in hoarseness. Maryan came
in with a great bouquet of flowers in his hand. "What, are we sick,
little one!" began he. "Well, that is nothing wonderful! King Solomon
said that for everyone there must be a time for sickness and a time for
dancing. You will be sick a little while, and then you will dance. But
now I have brought flowers to cheer you. Flowers without odor, for sick
girls might get headache from fragrant ones. These have no fragrance,
but they are very beautiful. You will look most poetic when I scatter
them on the bed before you. They will gladden your sight after looking
at those dreary pedants who are like a flock of wise ravens. Father has
brought in the wisest ravens from all the world for you; I have gathered
throughout this whole city the most beautiful flowers. Mein Lieichen,
was willst du mehr?" While laughing he scattered on the blue coverlet,
and on the slender form of the maiden indicated under it, the most
beautiful flowers which the best conservatories could yield to him; she