MXC nand controller performance

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Thu Aug 20 08:57:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

Hi recently found out that on my i.MX27 board the mxc nand controller
performance nearly doubles when I disable interrupts. Can anybody
confirm this behaviour, possibly on other i.MXs?
I'm trying to figure out what to do. We could disable interrupts
completely in which case the driver would become simpler. Maybe using
polling mode has other impacts on other workloads, so maybe we want to
add a flag to platform_data instead of disabling interrupts completely.

You can use the following patch to disable interrupts. It is not meant
for inclusion in this form of course.

Sascha