ubifs error when do bonnie++ test

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Apr 15 04:50:05 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 16:44 +0800, Jason Liu wrote:
> We use 2 MLC nand flash to simulate this virtual device. Each NAND
> chip is 4K page size with 218 OOB size.
> We can parallel program each NAND chip in order to improve the write
> performance.

I see. Then you want to teach your setup understand sub-pages.
In your case the sub-page will be 2K. Then you'll waste much
less space in UBI. See here:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubi.html#L_subpage

Note, with this all I/O will be in page size units (8K), only
UBI headers I/O will be in sub-page size units. So with this
you will preserve I/O speed, but lessen flash space wastage.

And just in case, please, make sure you have read this:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html#L_ubifs_mlc

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)