ubifs error when do bonnie++ test

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Tue Apr 14 02:17:54 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 14:50 +0800, Jason Liu wrote:
> 2009/4/10 Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind at infradead.org>:

> >> After apply all the patches from users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.26.git
> >> I still get errors with bonnie++ test and only run 3times compared 390
> >> times without the patch
> >>
> >> Using uid:0, gid:0.
> >> Writing with putc()...done
> >> Writing intelligently...done
> >> Rewriting...done
> >> Reading with getc()...done
> >> Reading intelligently...done
> >> start 'em...done...done...done...
> >> Create files in sequential order...done.
> >> Stat files in sequential order...Expected 16384 files but only got 16385
> >> Cleaning up test directory after error.
> >
> > So have you tried to enable UBIFS extra checks?
> Yes, The test is in progress. It's really slow after enable UBIFS
> debug and extra checks.It will cost half hour for one test.And the
> test case failed without debug off after 600 round of test.So it will
> cost 600 * 0,5 = 300 hours with debug on, longer than 10 days.

When you reproduce this, please, do not forget to type dmesg
and save the output. Also, it is good idea to save an image
of your flash.

Could you please tell what is your flash device? I see this:
UBI: physical eraseblock size:   1048576 bytes (1024 KiB)
UBI: logical eraseblock size:    1032192 bytes
UBI: smallest flash I/O unit:    8192
UBI: VID header offset:          8192 (aligned 8192)
UBI: data offset:                16384

So your flash have huge PEB size of 1MiB. Min I/O unit size is
also huge - 8KiB. And no sub-pages. What is this device? Some
kind of NAND?

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)