async page mode flash support?

Brian Kuschak bkuschak at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 15:32:57 EDT 2008

Do the current CFI physmap flash drivers (2.6.18+) support NOR flash configured to operate in async page mode?

When I enable async page mode access in the memory controller, the CFI probe fails.  I can verify on a logic analyzer and BDI-2000 that the CPU is doing an 8-word (16 byte) burst read from the flash.  My bootrom and BDI-2K verify that the data is in fact transferred properly (csums match in regular and page-mode reads).  However, linux fails the cfi probe.  It looks like the CFI query commands are in fact sent as single-word cycles, not burst mode.  (This is as it should be).

Anyone else successful using page-mode flash?

Thx,
Brian