Partitioning NAND flash

Brian Szmyd brian.szmyd at quantum.com
Fri Sep 5 10:38:48 EDT 2008

Eirik Aanonsen wrote:
> It should problably be positioned in your board spesific code then.
> Search for use of:
> static struct mtd_partition
> This is used for both the nand and the nor flash and contains the partitions ( in my cases anyway )
> ( typical place could be arch/"cpu_type"/ )
>
> Regards
> Eirik Aanonsen

Perfect! I would have never thought to look there for MTD partitioning
structs but I guess it makes sense. For those who care, the relevant
files is: arch/powerpc/platforms/40x/kilauea-nand.c

Much appreciated Eirik!

Brian Szmyd | brian.szmyd at quantum.com

The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further
distribution of confidential information is not permitted
unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by
Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not
responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the
substance of this communication or for any delay in its
receipt.