ST M29W320D incorrectly configured

Corinna Schultz cschultz at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 31 18:50:04 EDT 2008

Following up, for the sake of anyone reading this thread, now or in
the future. :-)

Quoting David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org>:
> It would be nice if we could do it that way, but these ST chips don't
> seem to work. When they're in 16-bit mode, they really do need a byte
> address of 0x555 for the second unlock address, not 0x554 (0x2aa*2) as
> every other chip seems to accept. Although it takes _extra_ logic to
> check the input on the 'A-1' pin, they seem to have it.
>
> So I think the answer is to go back to cfi->addr_unlock[12] being _byte_
> addresses within the chip...
>
> +		cfi->addr_unlock1 = 0x555 << cfi->device_type;
> +		cfi->addr_unlock2 = 0x2aa << cfi->device_type;

The patch works on my hardware, except for this part here, which
should be multiplying, not shifting.

We will be doing more extensive testing, and I'll post back in this
thread if we find any significant problems.

Thanks, David!

-Corinna Schultz
IBM LTC