flash read performance

Arnaud Mouiche arnaud.mouiche at thomson.net
Thu Oct 30 04:33:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

I was faced with the same wondering in the past : bootloader NOR access
was really much faster that Linux one.
Yes, no DMA was used (but the same on bootloader, and anyway that
doesn't impact the data rate, only the CPU load), but even worse, Linux
code was using memcpy_fromio which a basic byte by byte loop copy in the
default ARM implementation.

May be your issues are the same...

Regards,
arnaud