JFFS2 losing dirs/files on NAND flash

Suresh R suresh at mistralsolutions.com
Mon Oct 27 11:04:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

Even I have faced a similar issue with the JFFS2 on onenand on
2.6.16-rc3. I too was not able to reproduce the issue by shutting down
abruptly, but it happens on our products on the field.

I looks to me that it happens when switched off during a GC. I am not
sure. I was not able to prove to myself this theory. Where ever I
reported this issue, I was told to use a new kernel.

Suresh