goofy mtd m25p80 patches in GIT ...

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Oct 20 04:02:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 15:56 +0800, Chen Gong-B11801 wrote:
> I'm not sure whether I catch your word. Frankly I agree that we need a
> chip-erase command but in fact current MTD doesn't support this kind of interface
> (only one erase interface), so I can't give you a new patch :-(

I think the interface is fine -- if you ask it to erase the whole chip
(start == 0, len == size), then it'll use a chip erase command if it has
one, or fall back to erasing individual blocks.

I think David just wanted a cleanup to the nomenclature -- renaming
'erase_block' to 'erase_chip', perhaps, and changing the #define for the
command?

Or did I misunderstand?

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation