[JFFS2] Request help on EBS option in Linux-2.6.21.5

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Oct 3 03:03:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 10:00 +0800, zheng shi wrote:

> I'm using JFFS2 in linux-2.6.21.5.
>
> When I enabled JFFS2 summary support (EXPERIMENTAL) option, the EBS
> mechanism did promote mount time.
> But unfortunately files (size>10k) couldn't be written on flash
> permanently, i.e., though cp was done, but when remount the file just
> copied disappeared.

That's strange. Can you reproduce on an empty file system? Just mount it
empty, write the large file, then unmount. Take a snapshot of the
contents of the flash. Then mount it, confirm that the file is missing,
and show me the contents of the flash.

Also, build your kernel with CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1 and capture all the
debug output (over a serial port) when you mount the offending file
system.

The 2.6.21.5 kernel isn't particularly interesting though -- please try
something more recent, first.

> I have tried -o sync with mount option.

That should make no difference.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation